Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EVENT TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
Under supervision of the Media Technology Manager coordinates, sets up, monitors, and breaks down audio-visual systems for convention and catering events.
- Coordinates all convention and catering audio-visual activities with Sales, Hotel, F&B, and other departments as needed.
- Meets with internal and external convention and catering clients to assess Media Technology needs and propose solutions and recommendations for a better client experience.
- Designs audio-visual layouts to meet client needs.
- Sets up audio-visual equipment to client expectations and ensures all equipment is in good working order.
- Greets clients before events, ensures continuous communication with client to ensure satisfaction, and provides on-site support during the event.
- Assists clients in proper usage and operation of audio-visual equipment.
- Strikes, breaks down, and secures audio-visual equipment on conclusion of event.
- Conducts preventive maintenance routines and maintains inventory of event audio-visual equipment.
- As needed, assists other members of the Media Technology Team in support of internal and external client needs for Media Technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- Two (2) years’ experience maintaining Media Technology systems in an enterprise or venue environment preferred.
- Prior experience in a casino environment preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to handle, grasp, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work various hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver around the office and the facility as needed to collect and distribute all necessary documents.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Ability to accommodate an irregular work schedule as necessary to meet client needs.
- Audio-Visual equipment.
- Telecommunication equipment.
- Computers, printers, servers.
- All additional office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Team member will be exposed to inclement weather and a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment. Equipment must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.