Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019 School Summer Counselor
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 3372
Openings as of 10/23/2019
- 2019 School Summer Counselor JobID: 3372
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- To assist mid-school principal(s) in guiding students through summer school
- Conferencing with students and parents as needed to maintain consistent attendance in summer school
- Assisting the mid school principal(s) in preparation of any reporting as needed
- Attend team planning sessions to facilitate instructional practices in concert with a project-based curriculum
- Accompany students and teachers on field trips as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SFPS community.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Summer school is from June 17 to July 25, 2019, at various.
- Counselors need to be available to work on May 30 for team planning and May 31 for student/parent orientation
Hours are 7:30 am-2:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- There are no substitutes available for the program, except for emergencies, so be prepared to work the full session.
Must have a valid Counseling License through New Mexico Public Education Department.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred