Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019 Summer School Teacher at Cesar Chavez
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 3301
Openings as of 10/15/2019
- 2019 Summer School Teacher at Cesar Chavez JobID: 3301
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Cesar Chavez Elementary School Job Description:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the district summer program of instruction;
- Creates small groups for instruction in reading and math, paper and pencil pre and post testing and flexible grouping based on student need;
- Develops a written teacher improvement plan with a focus on one aspect of a teacher’s instructional practice. The intent is to increase a teacher’s instructional skills so that improved professional practice can be generalized to next school year;
- Writes and submits lesson plans that indicate each small group for reading and math, along with the daily measurable objective, activity(ies), and evaluation based on student data;
- Posts the daily measurable objective for reading and math;
- Progress monitors each student weekly;
- Participates in the walking program by walking with students and all staff 15 minutes daily;
- Greets parents during the morning sign in process;
- Meets with grade level teams and/or District Coordinator at least once a week to review written teacher improvement plan;
- Plans for and supervises classroom assistants, guests and volunteers;
- Establishes and maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning by managing appropriate student behavior;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SFPS community.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
School is from June 3 to June 28, 2019; Teacher/paraprofessional hours are 7:30 am -1:00 pm.
Teacher Planning/Prep Day is May 31, 2019
The summer program is a Tier 2 Intervention program.
There is one hour of preparation time provided daily from 12:00-1:00.
There are no substitutes available for the program, except for emergencies, so be prepared to work the full session.
Applicants can indicate preferred grade level, and every attempt will be made to honor an applicant’s choice, however, personnel will be assigned as the program requires.
Bachelor's degree. Current New Mexico teaching certificate in specified field. Current endorsements dependent upon specific positions may be required. Additional requirements may be applicable for specific positions.
First consideration will be SFPS employees.
Apply online at SFPS.info