Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY: 0.2 FTE Library Specialist at SFPS
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/15/2019
- 2019-2020 SY: 0.2 FTE Library Specialist at SFPS JobID: 3579
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Actively partner with other district departments (Technology, Instruction, Development) to fully integrate our district library staff and resources into district literacy, technolgy, digital citizenship, media literacy, and diversity efforts.
- Establish district-wide policies for vataloging and processing.
- Establish library cirriculum aligned with national standards.
- Conduct district-wide collection analysis to inform collection development for student representation.
- Re-establish district-level funding for library materials.
- ?Training for New Library staff in Destiny and library procedures.
- Plan an dimplement 3 Professional Development days per year.
- Mento and support staff with site visits.
- Provide on-call support for Destiny or ordering issues.
- Provide assistance and coordination for GO Bond fund orders.
- Provide PD for district teachers on library resources, research instruction and opportunities for collaboration.
- Familiar with national Library Science trends and position statements of the American Library Association and American Association of School Librarians.
- Active in state, regional, and national organizations.
- Develop partnerships with the Santa Fe Public Library and other education and literacy entities.
- Seek outside funding opportunities.
- Cultivate greater family and volunteer involvement.
- Update and maintain SFPS Library/Library Staff Handbook.
- Serve as an advoate for all Library Staff.
- Serve as Union liaison.
- Advocate for creation of a higher-paid Library Technician position to replace Library Paraprofessionals, to recognize their increased expertise and responsibilities.
The SFPS District Library Lead would serve in the following capacities:
District Library Lead
Bachelor's degree. Current New Mexico K-8 license with Library Media endorsement or K-12 Specialty license w/ Library Media endorsement.
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem solving skills. Knowledge of SFPS community. Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others. Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect. Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students. Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques. Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff. Knowledge of computer systems.
Essential Job Functions:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District. Current essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Cooperates in the development and implementation of the district program of instruction.
• Plans and implements lesson plans that meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the SFPS Board of Education goals and objectives.
• Institutes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in accordance with curriculum goals and communicates objectives to students.
• Establishes and maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning by managing appropriate student behavior.
• Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
• Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
• Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the district testing program.
• Institutes open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
• Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers.
• Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests and volunteers.
• Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
• Utilizes technology in the classroom.
• Other duties as assigned
Apply online at www.sfps.info/jobs