Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY: 21st Century Schools Site Coordinator
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/23/2019
21st Century Schools
- 2019-2020 SY: 21st Century Schools Site Coordinator JobID: 3449
- Position Type:
21st Century Schools/Coordinator
- Date Posted:
Various General Function:
- Take an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of students enrolled in the after-school program.
- Serve as an instructional role model/mentor to teachers and educational paraprofessionals staffing the program.
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for students enrolled in the program to follow.
- Supervise clerical staff to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the Principal and District Program Director regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality.
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness.
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time.
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment.
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/ special application.
- Protects the District’s resources through appropriate and careful use and inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Uses appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury.
21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) is a federally funded after school/extended day program. Candidates should be willing to assume a supervisory position and become knowledgeable of federal, state and district guidelines related to the 21st CCLC program. Supervision will be provided by Principal and District Program Director.
Minimum: Hold a valid New Mexico Teaching Certificate (K-6 or 7-8) or School Counseling License
Preferred: ELA/ Math/Science
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Candidate should be knowledgeable in best practices, Common Core State Standards, and NM state standards. Candidates must be able to work with others and be able to follow curriculum and grant requirements, Candidates should be able to produce documents related to NMPED/SFPS reporting requirements and to promote the after school/extended day program to families. Basic computer skills (MS Office/web based database applications) are required. Candidates must participate in training and professional development with District Program Director as mandated by the grant proposal to develop strong homework assistance and enrichment activities. 21st CCLC staff should have the ability to create and/or to choose project based learning activities that are theme based and engaging to students. Candidates should understand and embrace the concept of accountability. Candidates must have good interpersonal skills with students and be willing to work with families.
Required to stand; move throughout the classroom/school; communicate verbally and electronically; use
hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. May have to stoop, kneel,
sit, etc. May have occasion to perform light lifting, but not more than 25 pounds.
Essential Job Functions:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District. Current essential functions include but are not limited to the following: