Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY - Administrative Assistant III
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/16/2019
- 2019-2020 SY - Administrative Assistant III JobID: 3572
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Technology General Function:
- Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for the Superintendent. Serves as a central point of liaison with other departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the District.
- Provides Spanish interpretation in meetings and translation of correspondence.
- May utilize knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation
- Assists in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives. Assists in project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the Superintendent; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of established unit, District, and policies. May prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute documents. Formats material as required and assures proper grammar; punctuation, and spelling. Documents produced may include letters, reports, memos, protocols, agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for Superintendent, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements and food set up.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports, such as payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, purchasing, budgetary, and employment documents, and/or stock and capital equipment inventories.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of written inquiries.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality.
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness.
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time.
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment.
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/ special application.
Performs and/or oversees a variety of associated administrative, fiscal, staff support, planning activities and tasks. Coordinates and facilitates meetings, program functions, and/or special events, as appropriate. May coordinate specified administrative activities and reporting across multiple organizational units within a department. Has regular interaction with employees at all levels throughout the organization, parents and community members.
High School diploma or equivalent; three years secretarial/clerical experience.
Two years post high school training (college, university, and business school) plus five (5) years of related experience or equivalent combination of directly related education and experience. Bilingual – Spanish/English.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Ability to interact with leaders both within the District and external community. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Database management skills. Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes. Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments. Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control. Knowledge of general accounting principles. Records maintenance skills. Receptionist skills. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Word processing and data entry skills. Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments. Organizing and coordinating skills. May be required to be familiar with related regulatory guidelines. Highly computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Access). Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation and general writing skills. Excellent organizational skills and able to prioritize works. Able to work independently
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
Standard office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax, phone system, alarm system.
Walking, standing. Alternate high energy with long periods of time sitting in meetings. Travel to community/district meetings and events. Lifting boxes or equipment as needed.
Position requires driving among school sites to attend meetings, some of which occur in the evening. Heavy telephone and interaction with parents, district staff and community. Standard office environment. Frequent interruptions.
Essential Job Functions:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District. Current essential functions include but are not limited to the following: