Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY: Digital Learning Coach
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/19/2019
- 2019-2020 SY: Digital Learning Coach JobID: 3567
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Technology General Function:
- 6 days between July 1 and the first day of teacher contract
- 182 teacher contract days
- 12 days between last day of contract and June 30
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- NM Level 2 Teaching or Instructional Support Provider License
- Minimum five years of classroom teaching experience with demonstrated ability to infuse technology into the learning environment
- Demonstrated ability to increase student learning and engagement
- Two years’ experience in planning/providing technology-based school or district professional development.
- NM Level 3 teaching or Administrator License
- Significant experience with various instructional technology tools (certifications preferred) such as Windows and Mac OS, Interactive White Boards, Classroom Projection Systems, Classroom Amplification Systems, Document Cameras, Web 2.0 Tools, etc.
- Provide training for staff targeted to digital learning and technology integration in one-on-one, small group, large group and digital formats.
- Model the effective use of instructional technology to make connections among curriculum, instruction, engagement, and learning.
- Maintain an active awareness of current and emerging information, trends and applications for technology and learning.
- Help to identify and develop site-based technology leaders.
- Provide recommendations for teacher staff development relative to technology integration and use of classroom tools and applications.
- Develop effective technology learning experiences for technology integration, new teacher orientation, etc.
- Actively participate in the development and sustainability of a Digital Learning Cohort.
- Develop online training resources for use with the District digital technology development team. In addition, manage online learning experiences for teachers (train, assess learning, provide feedback, and manage completion statistics) for your formal training sessions.
- Research innovative classroom technologies, software and Web 2.0 tools used to enhance student learning and teacher productivity.
- Work closely with staff to use current technology to best facilitate student learning.
- Support staff in creating innovative lessons supporting technology-based projects created to enhance learning and increase engagement.
- Collaborate with all SFPS departments to align technology best practices with policies and procedures.
- Actively work to help facilitate the integration of a Digital Citizenship and 21st Century Skills curriculum.
- Other duties as assigned by the Digital Learning Coordinator.
The Digital Learning Coach will be responsible for planning, organizing, and providing site-based training and leadership in the area of technology integration in schools and classrooms across the district. The Digital Learning Coach will work to further student, teacher, and administrator use and understanding of integrating technology tools, and strategies to enhance student learning and increase student engagement.
Schedule and Duty Days:
The Digital Learning Coach position has been developed to serve SFPS schools, staff, and teachers. Therefore, the DLC work schedule must be flexible to meet the needs of one’s assigned school(s). Each work day shall consist of a minimum of 7 ½ work hours plus a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
The duty day of a DLC shall mirror those of a contracted teacher, with an additional 18 ‘flex’ days over the summer used for professional development and planning:
Ability to work with multiple stakeholders (teachers, students, administrators, contractors, community members). Ability to relate to students with diverse backgrounds and needs. Ability to relate to teachers
with diverse experiences with technology integration. Strong background in integrating technology in the classroom to improve instruction. Excellent written and oral communication. Ability to multi-task, prioritize work activities, and meet deadlines. Use of technology for data collection, analysis and reporting to promote academic achievement. Must be highly organized.
Essential Job Functions:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District. Current essential functions include but are not limited to the following: