Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY: High School Math Teacher at Capital High School
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/16/2019
- 2019-2020 SY: High School Math Teacher at Capital High School JobID: 3154
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Capital High School
Creates a flexible program with Common Core State Standards and an environment favorable to learning and personal growth. Establishes effective rapport with pupils and motivates pupils to develop skills attitudes and knowledge needed to obtain a good foundation for continuous achievement growth and development in elementary grade education. Establishes effective rapport with students and their parents by assisting students in developing positive feelings toward themselves and others.
• Cooperates in the development and implementation of the district program of instruction.
• Plans and implements lesson plans that meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the SFPS Board of Education goals and objectives.
• Institutes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in accordance with curriculum goals and communicates objectives to students.
• Establishes and maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning by managing appropriate student behavior.
• Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
• Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
• Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the district testing program.
• Institutes open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
• Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers.
• Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests and volunteers.
• Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
• Utilizes technology in the classroom
• Other duties as assigned
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem solving skills. Knowledge of SFPS community. Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others. Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect. Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students. Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques. Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff. Knowledge of computer systems.
Bachelor's degree. Must Posses or be able to obtain a current New Mexico 7-12 with a Math endorsement or K-12 Teaching License with a Math endorsement
Apply online at SFPS.info