Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY : School Principal at SFPS
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/14/2019
- 2019-2020 SY : School Principal at SFPS JobID: 3002
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Various General Function:
- Ability to lead a school through using data and classroom observations.
- Demonstrated employee management skills and knowledge of school organizational requirements.
- Ability to relate to students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication and conflict mediation skills.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and resolve or correct those that occur.
- Ability to make decisions that have a long-term effects and/or legal and financial implications for school and district.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work activities, meet deadlines, and work with people at all levels; use of technology for data collection, analysis and reporting to promote academic achievement.
- Position requires meeting with various community-based organizations on a regular basis and attending Public Education Department meetings, as well as regular internal meetings.
- Must have a well-defined sense of community service.
- Supervises educational and administrative staff. Promotes effective teacher practices by providing leadership to staff including evaluation, counseling, support corrective action, and professional development.
- Lead by being in classrooms and providing effective feedback to teachers to improve practice.
- Ensures that Common Core State Standards are implemented with fidelity.
- Interviews and makes recommendation to hire teachers and other staff.
- Develops and evaluates educational programs, curriculum and standards to meet educational goals of the school, board, district, and state.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the safety, security and appearance of the school facility. Requisitions and allocates supplies, equipment and instructional material as needed. Manages facilities to maintain a healthy, safe environment.
- Responsible for appropriate discipline of students.
- Establishes an effective system for communicating school matters to staff, students, parents and community.
- Implements procedures to foster and maintain community confidence in the school and extra-curricular programs and activities.
- Ensures accurate student records and daily reporting attendance procedures.
- Directs student academic guidance counseling programs to meet the needs of all students.
- Develops and coordinates the school’s master schedule annually.
- Ensures participation by the regular education staff in student IEP and 504 meetings.
- Establishes and oversees Advisory School Councils and ensures compliance of Council with State requirements.
- Responsible for appropriate and timely state and federal level reports as pertains to individual or district reporting.
- Responsible for using analysis of data to create and modify instruction and for decision-making.
- Manages school climate including ensuring discipline and student safety. Confers with teachers, students and parents concerning educational and behavioral problems in school. Monitors school safety and security.
- Keeps administrative records and directs the preparation or prepares reports, which includes preparing budget and monitoring expenditure of funds. Reporting includes preparation of memos and letters of correspondence, newsletters, class schedules, attendance reports, and grant reports.
- Serves as liaison between the school and parents, business partners, and community, interpreting activities and policies and encouraging participation in school life.
- Attends district, school and community events.
- Provides input to grant applications. Maintains grant programs and records.
- Oversees construction projects.
- Communicate and uphold district policies, develops consensus, mediates problems, coordinates schedules and activities with a variety of individuals, including staff members, district administrators and professionals, consultants, volunteers, parents, media reporters and other people in the community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Serves as the educational leader and chief administrator. Responsible for implementing and managing policies, regulations and procedures to ensure that students are provided a safe learning environment that conforms to academic standards of regulatory agencies and the Board of Education. Responsible for organizing, coordinating, supervising, and evaluating the total program of the school in accordance with Board Policy and administrative regulations, consistent with statutes and standards of the New Mexico Public Education Department. Provides leadership for teachers to improve academic achievement.
Must hold or be able to obtain an Administrative License in the state of New Mexico. Specific requirements are referenced on Public Education Department website: www.ped.state.nm.us. Should have at least one year experience as an Assistant Principal. Some positions, such as schools in restructuring, require one year principalship experience. Classroom teaching experience of 3-5 years.
MS degree in educational leadership or equivalent educational major. Experience in curriculum development. Successful performance in the position held at the time of application. Knowledge of Common Core Standards. Working knowledge of budgets and the use of data to inform instruction. Public speaking skills.
One to three (1-3) years of experience in school administration, or school principalship. Strong familiarity with Special Education inclusionary practices. Knowledge about master scheduling. Bilingual – English/ Spanish.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District. Current essential functions include but are not limited to the following: