Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY School Secretary
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/23/2019
- 2019-2020 SY School Secretary JobID: 2989
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Under direction, performs a variety of clerical, secretarial, and other minor administrative functions required for the operation of school sites and other instructional programs; performs other related duties as required.
• Administers first aid and prescription medications to students (under the direction of a health care professional) for the purpose of providing emergency or necessary care in accordance with district, state and federal requirements (by assignment)
• Collects payments for fines, fees, and fundraising for the purpose of depositing in proper district accounts
• Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. student information, time sheets, calendars, expenditures/budget, newsletters, staff attendance records, substitute log, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements
• Composes a wide variety of documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, bulletins, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
• Coordinates a variety of programs and/or activities (e.g. conference room usage, meetings, site in-service day activities, workshops, travel and accommodations, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of facilities and/or equipment and delivering services in conformance to established guidelines.
• Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. student enrollment/withdrawal information, emergency cards, discipline referral information, attendance records, facility use, contracts, time sheets, keys, security cards, work orders, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail
• Monitors assigned activities and/or program components (e.g. school site budget, account expenditures, purchase order documentation, account balances, grants, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements (by assignment)
• Monitors students referred for illness, discipline, etc. for the purpose of ensuring their safety and welfare
• Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• Processes documents and materials (e.g. requests for field trip transportation, enrollment/withdrawal, daily attendance, report cards, discipline referrals, homeroom assignments, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties
• Responds to inquires from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among department and/or providing direction as may be required
• Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with administrative functions
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. Five years of previous secretarial/administrative experience. Handles stressful situations in a calm manner. Maintains confidentiality of personnel and student matters.
Apply online at www.sfps.info