Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY: Special Education-Gifted Teacher at SFPS
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/23/2019
- 2019-2020 SY: Special Education-Gifted Teacher at SFPS JobID: 2940
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Santa Fe Public Schools – Gifted Student Services
SFPS has embarked on a multi-year plan to transform our special education services to all special education students including gifted. Initiatives include intensive teacher training and support, 1-1 assistive technology, and state of the art digital and curriculum resources. We have a core group of Support Specialists who provide individualized support to schools including: IEP process, progress monitoring, behavior consults, assistive technology, and pragmatic social and communication skill building. If you are an energetic, life-long learner committed to bringing special education services into the 21st century, please apply for one of our district positions.
This position will provide direct instruction to each student according to IEP goals and objectives. This position will require working with site based staff.
•Current New Mexico teaching license with Gifted Endorsement
•Knowledge of special education and students with disabilities
•Background in and understanding of Gifted Education
Specific Skills Preferred
• Ability to instruct, motivate, and solve problems with co-workers and students, teachers, principals, and families
• Experience with special populations
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, teachers, providers, and parents
• Leadership skills that support program objectives
• Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong oral presentation skills
• Strong customer relations skills
• Strong computer skills
• Effective teaching skills
• Strong report-writing skills
• Instruct gifted students according to the area or areas of each individual student’s gifted identification.
• Follow state guidelines and regulations dealing with gifted education, monitor compliance with School Board policies and regulations.
• Follow the department’s gifted program goals, objectives, programs and practices and work with administrators, instructional personnel, and parents.
• Will serve as the case manager for gifted identified students and write goals and objectives and complete the Individualized Education Plan for each student.
• Assist with the identification of gifted students: assessment, testing, collecting data, and eligibility.
• Have knowledge of best instructional practices in helping all students achieve high standards.
• Attend IEP Meetings.
Apply online at www.sfps.info