Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 SY: SPED Implementation & Instructional Support Associate (IISA) at NYE Early Childhood Center
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/23/2019
- 2019-2020 SY: SPED Implementation & Instructional Support Associate (IISA) at NYE Early Childhood Center JobID: 3307
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
NYE Early Childhood Center
- Minimum requirement consists of 18 years of age and HS Diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree in a human services or education related field and 1 year directly related experience preferred.
- State licensure for EA and any other requirements specified by State Department of Education.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required
- Criminal Record Clearance (CYFD, local, state, and FBI) required.
- New hires are required to complete the Certification Training (20 hours of pre-service training) and additional 20 hours of training within 90 days of employment and ongoing training requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to independently implement and document goals, measurable objectives,IEP interventions, and outcomes as defined in the educational/behavior/health management plan.
- Ability to comply with state-approved Code of Ethics of the Education Profession and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations,of lead teacher and principal as well as school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations. .
- Ability to safeguard confidentiality of privileged information as prescribed by HIPAA/FERPA policies.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to maintain student health records, collect data and report it to the PED licensed registered school nurse. Certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Training will be provided for delegated health tasks such as diapering, range of motion exercises, feeding assistance.
Works alongside and assists certified school personnel in the performance of their duties and works under the direct supervision of a certified person. Assists certified staff in providing delivery of the instructional and/or behavioral program and/or performing delegated health-related tasks in the care of individual students with special needs. (The certified person retains responsibilities for instruction and supervision of pupils in his or her charge and shall not delegate to an aide sole responsibility for the performance of any of the following duties)
Education and Experience:
Knowledge/Technical Skills/ Abilities (KSA’s):
Must have high school diploma or GED. Must possess or obtain a Level III Educational Assistant Paraprofessional license through the Public Education Department. A license is obtained by either meeting specific college level coursework OR passing the Educational Assistant Paraprofessional exam administered by SFPS. Please contact for more information about obtaining an EA license. Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
Apply online at SFPS.info