Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant I - Community Engagement
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Openings as of 10/17/2019
- Administrative Assistant I - Community Engagement JobID: 3533
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Central Office General Function:
- Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for the Community Engagement Department. Serves as a central point of liaison with other departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the District.
- Provides Spanish interpretation during departmental meetings and events.
- Provides translation for all informational documents provided to the community.
- May utilize knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation.
- Assists in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives. Assists in project planning and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, media appearances or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the Community Engagement Department; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of established unit, District, and policies. May prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute documents. Formats material as required and assures proper grammar; punctuation, and spelling. Documents produced may include letters, reports, memos, protocols, agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for Superintendent, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements and food set up.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports, such as payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, purchasing, budgetary, and employment documents, and/or stock and capital equipment inventories.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, e-mail, and phone messages; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of written or oral inquiries.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services
- Create purchase orders, work orders, etc.
- Coordinate weekly department updates
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Under the direction of the Community Engagement Department, the Administrative Assistant performs and/or oversees a variety of associated administrative, fiscal, staff support, planning activities and tasks. Assists with meetings, program functions, and/or special events, as appropriate. May coordinate specified administrative activities and reporting across multiple organizational units within a department. Has regular interaction with employees at all levels throughout the organization, parents and community members.
Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will be the core substitute for the District Office Front Desk Receptionist.
An ideal candidate is an energetic, hard working individual with the ability to complete multiple tasks within deadlines.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent; related experience.
Preferred: Two years post-high school training (college, university, and business school) plus five (5) years of related experience or equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
bilingual – Spanish/English.
Essential Job Functions:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District. Current essential functions include but are not limited to the following: