Santa Fe Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Santa Fe Public Schools
Job Reference #: 2995
Openings as of 9/16/2019
- Construction Manager JobID: 2995
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Central Office General Function:
- Manages construction projects to ensure compliance with district goals, project objectives, and contractual provisions.
- Works with contractors to ensure a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project.
- Conducts reviews of construction work to ensure conformance to contract compliance.
- Identifies potential construction problems and provides on-the-spot direction for a solution to these problems.
- Oversees performance of trade contractors.
- Reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Reports progress and any necessary modifications of plans to supervisor and team members.
- Uses planning and preparation to ensure staff, students and visitors at construction sites are disrupted minimally.
- Provides ongoing guidance and support to school throughout the course of the project.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality.
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness.
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time.
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment.
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/special application.
- Protects the District’s resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury.
With guidance from the Executive Director, provides project management and oversight of medium to small size school construction projects. Procures, contracts, and coordinates contractors. Manages construction projects ensuring a high level of safety and quality assurance. Ensures work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Must be capable of working in a publicly funded institution and satisfying multiple stakeholders.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent. Five or more years assisting or supervising construction projects. Must be able to read architectural drawings and engineering specifications, and have experience with contract administration, budget, and facilitating meetings. Ability to work within teams and lead, teams. Must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Preferred: Seven years experience or more years assisting or supervising construction projects with two years in a supervisory capacity. Worked on governmental/quasi- governmental projects over $1 million. Has possessed or currently possesses a contractor’s license and has been a business owner.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge of construction and site development activities. Demonstrated ability to read and understand construction plans. Demonstrated knowledge of construction project plan requirements, cost estimating, building/site codes and standards, and inspection techniques. Knowledge and ability to maintain project budget and implement cost control measures.
Essential Job Functions:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential functions include the following:
Essential Job Functions continued:
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
Standard office equipment including computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Automobile travel to school sites and/or meetings may be required. Various computer programs (Google Apps for Education, Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, and project management software).
Regularly required to stand; move throughout offices; communicate verbally and electronically; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. Occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance, and drive. Regularly required to lift or exert force of up to 40 pounds; occasionally required to lift or exert force of up to 50 pounds. Must have the ability to travel to various school sites or meetings throughout the community.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally high. Occasional exposure to environmental conditions such as noise from working near machinery, fumes, or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Travel to facilities and construction located throughout the district are integral to this job.