Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operator - Coal Handler
at SAVAGE COMPANIES
- Job ID
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Industrial Facilities
The Coal Handler Operator will be responsible for safely performing the basic tasks required to operate the coal handling system, operate industrial mobile equipment, and perform general maintenance on equipment and facilities at the San Juan Power Plant in Waterflow, NM. The Coal Facility Operator will report directly to the Operations Team Leader.
- Operate conveyor systems to transport coal in accordance with applicable safety practices
- Operate industrial mobile equipment as required
- Work individually and as a team
- Complete daily safety inspection of equipment and facilities to ensure safe operations
- Perform routine clean-up, housekeeping, and maintenance of facilities, equipment and coal handling system
- Perform other tasks as instructed
- Must be 18 years of age or older and pass pre-employment screening
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Experience in operation of dozers, front-end loaders, excavators, and other heavy equipment
- Ability to read, write, and understand English, follow written and/or verbal instruction, and possess basic math and computer skills
- Must be willing to work any shift, including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Can follow all policies and procedures as outlined by Savage
- High School or GED
- 2-5 years of experience preferred but not required
- Must have the ability to perform the essential physical functions of the position
- Work in an environment containing coal dust, hazardous noise, and in hot or cold environments
- Work at heights , climbing stairs, and climbing ladders
- Walk on uneven ground
- Walk up to 3 miles per shift
- Wear a respirator
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.