Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Los Alamos
- Job ID
Sealaska Technical Services (STS) is a critical subcontractor on the N3B Los Alamos LLC team and will be providing program management and technical services in support of the ground & surface water monitoring program at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Los Alamos National Laboratory.
STS is a full-service engineering and environmental consulting company with a worldwide reach in the areas of environmental monitoring and remediation, national security, systems engineering, data management and analytics for both federal and commercial customers. Sealaska is an Alaska Native Corporation founded in 1972 and established by the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
STS is currently seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist. While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
- Primary contact for subcontractor work performed in the field
- Responsible for managing subcontracts for the project
- Responsible for supporting invoice review to confirm work is being billed in accordance with the contract
- Interface with the Project Manager to resolve contract issues
- Maintain reliable and competitive vendors as needed
- Prepare subcontracts, price and cost analysis, and other reports as needed
- Prepare solicitations, prepare award determinations and award purchase orders and subcontracts for purchasing materials, supplies and equipment within their delegated purchasing authority
- Maintain all pertinent correspondence, documents and data to support project procurement policies and audits
- Interprets, recommends, and complies with all Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs), project and procurement policies and practices
- Develops and updates procurement processes and procedures as needed
- Ensures technical excellence of subcontracted work as the communication link between the subcontractor and project leadership
- Complies with all health & safety policies and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field, or technical degree along with specialized courses and training in contract management; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable
- The career level of the position will be determined by the years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities; after a candidate, has been chosen
- Demonstrated proven record of successfully managing subcontract activities
- Proficiency in the formation and administration of subcontracts throughout the subcontract process including statement of work development, bidder pre-qualification, compilation of bid requests, receipt of bids, bid evaluation, award, subcontractor performance monitoring, back charge procedures, resolution of claims and disputes, and other such related steps
- Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels
- Ability to train and mentor more junior staff
- Experience in problem identification, investigating alternative solutions and determining best business path forward
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, technical writing, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job
- Ability to work in a team oriented project environment
- Microsoft Office Suite, PC and SharePoint required
- Familiarity with the LANL site and work environment preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Light Work):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Light Work Category:
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work
- The employee exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- In this position the qualified candidate may support one of more of the following departments, Groundwater Monitoring, Surface Water Monitoring, Drilling, Storm Water Corrective Actions, and/or Remediation Services.
- The qualified candidate may be required to attain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
- Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept all company policies. This position may require a physical fit-for-duty screen as well.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.