Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Do you have a desire to work in hospitality? If so, considering joining The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown team! We are currently seeking a PT Bellperson/Driver associate who will be responsible for escorting guests to and from their rooms in a professional manner; responsible for handling guest luggage and other baggage in a careful and safe manner. He/She will provide our guests with shuttle service to and from hotel and shopping within a 2 mile radius of the Hotel and will provide our guests with excellent service at the bell stand from arrival to departure and respond to guests needs and requests.
Will be required to work day/and or evening shifts, weekends and holidays. Some overtime may be required.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown has been awarded the gold level New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award! What does this mean? This means that we offer a host of employee and family friendly benefits to our associates! Some of those benefits include:
-A first-class salary and superior benefit packet
-Medical (two options) with vision
-401(k) with 3% company match
-Voluntary Term Life Insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, and children)
-Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and personal/medical leave time)
-Free non-slip shoes (two free pair per year!)
-Progressive yet fun workplace
-Positive associate relations
-Associate recognition and events, incentives and rewards
-Major hotel discounts at over 7,000 hotels worldwide
-Other company discounts
- Must have 1-2 years delivery/courier experience (non-CDL).
- Must have 1-2 years of customer service experience.
- Must have a clean DMV record and a New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be at least 18 years old to drive.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Room arriving guests and assist departing guests professionally and with the utmost courtesy.
- Handle all luggage, baggage, packages, etc. carefully and safely. Adhere to hotel policy for luggage storage and retrieval.
- Responsible for being completely familiar with all types of guest rooms and hotel facilities.
- Responsible for knowledge of groups and functions in the Hotel on a daily basis.
- Provide shuttle service as needed.
- Patrol hotel parking lot in van or golf cart.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of lobby area, bell closet, porte cochere, and parking lot.
- Maintain control of guest and employee laundry pickup and delivery.
- Ensure all equipment is in operating order and all supplies are up to par.
- Answer all guest questions accurately and resolve problems in a timely manner ensuring guest satisfaction. Authorize revenue allowances as allowed by hotel policy.
- Assist guests with directions and use computer for maps.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
- Assist other departments with moving boxes and equipment.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Attends department and inter-departmental meetings.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure areas are free of safety hazards and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures total guest satisfaction.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as directed or assigned.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Maintain a smooth and orderly flow of traffic under the porte cochere.
- Assist guests and associates with transportation needs upon request.
- Maintain flags for display and storage during poor weather.
- Update reader board information on meeting room reader boards.
This position is part-time and will require a background check (criminal and driver). A pre-employment drug screen is also required.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send me an e-mail to Michele.Smith@sheratonuptown.com or call me to let us know the nature of your request.