Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Do you have a desire to work in hospitality? If so, considering joining The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown team! Our team members are dedicated, guest-focused, hard-working hospitality professionals who are empowered to provide excellent service to all guests and clients of our hotel! Do you have what it takes? If so, we encourage you to apply today for our FT Laundry Attendant opening! Laundry Attendants are part of our Housekeeping Department and are responsible for providing our guest with clean and fresh sheets, towels, etc. As a Laundry Attendant, you provide one of the most important pieces of our guests stay!
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown been awarded the Gold Level New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award! What does this mean? This means that we offer a host of employee and family friendly benefits to our associates! Some of those benefits include:
-A first-class salary and superior benefit packet
-Medical (two options) with vision
-401(k) with 3% company match
-Voluntary Term Life Insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, and children)
-Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and personal/medical leave time)
-Free non-slip shoes (two free pair per year!)
-Progressive yet fun workplace
-Positive associate relations
-Associate recognition and events, incentives and rewards monthly
-Major hotel discounts at over 7,000 hotels worldwide
-Other company discounts
- No prior experience or training.
- Previous laundry attendant or similar job experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loads articles into washer to specific guidelines after proper sorting and weighing has been done.
- Sets the machine to the proper cycle which allows the proper chemical to flow into the machine. Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into dryers for measured time cycles.
- Sorts dried articles according to type. Folds and places items in appropriate areas.
- Makes sure all chemical containers are full so that the cycle of the machine will run correctly. Exchanges full for empty containers as necessary, following safety guidelines.
- Removes torn, ripped, stained or worn articles. Discard items and log them for inventory.
- Soaks contaminated articles to precondition articles for washing.
- Sweeps, mops and dusts laundry room. Stocks and organizes shelves.
- Cleans lint traps regularly.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Attends department and inter-departmental meetings.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure areas are free of safety hazards and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures total guest satisfaction.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as directed or assigned.
A background check is required of all candidates.
Our company participates in E-Verify and drug screens.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send me an e-mail Michele.Smith@sheratonuptown.com or call 505-349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.