Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Do you have a desire to work in hospitality? If so, considering joining The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown team! Our team members are dedicated, guest-focused, hard-working hospitality professionals who are empowered to provide excellent service to all guests and clients of our hotel, including to our internal team members as well! Do you have what it takes? If so, we encourage you to apply today for immediate consideration. Our Prep-Cook will prepare food orders efficiently and consistently and assist in maintenance of kitchen. He/She is responsible to oversee the preparation of banquet food according to banquet BEO's to ensure timely delivery, food quality, consistency and presentation.
This is a full-time position. Scheduled hours will vary weekly between Monday-Sunday. Weekdays, weekends and holidays are required.
The ideal candidate should have one year of experience as a banquet or restaurant cook (full service, busy kitchen), previous culinary training, and certified in food handling and food safety sanitation requirements. A pleasant attitude and outgoing personality, the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong verbal communication, excellent time-management skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple changing priorities is a must! He/She must demonstrate strong attention to detail, the ability to understand guest service needs and the ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown has been awarded the Gold Level New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award! What does this mean? This means that we offer a host of employee and family friendly benefits to our associates! Some of those benefits include:
-A first-class salary and superior benefit packet
-Medical (two options) with vision
-401(k) with 3% company match
-Voluntary Term Life Insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, and children)
-Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and personal/medical leave time)
-Free non-slip shoes (two free pair per year!)
-Progressive yet fun workplace
-Positive associate relations
-Associate recognition and events, incentives and rewards
-Major hotel discounts at over 7,000 hotels worldwide
-Other company discounts
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- A) Set up physical aspect of stations: grill, pantry, banquet, etc.
- B) Make preparation list of necessary food items.
- C) Requisition all listed food items and transport from walk-in, etc. to assigned station.
- D) Check quality and quantity of all stock and supplies.
- E) Ensure a sufficient supply of all chinaware for service.
- F) Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station.
- Prepare necessary food items for meal period and next service.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Cook for scheduled meal period.
- Complete closing duties assigned, including the following:
- A) Properly cover, label and change out all pans.
- B) Store food items in their proper place.
- C) Wipe down and clean station as assigned.
- Food preparation:
- Organize prep for all stations according to the BEO to ensure that all food is completed on time
- Food is to be prepared in a manner consistent with use records
- Guest requests must be met
- Ensure that food quality is high and consistent
- Daily check on prep and par levels of all items for all stations
- Prep meats, fishes, marinades, sauces and soups at times as directed by the Executive chef.
- Prepare food for the concierge lounge when directed to do so
- Cross train for the Sol Café line in order to relieve the Sol Café lead line cook when scheduled to do so.
- Food Safety
- Sanitation buckets used at all times
- Towels, knives and utensils kept in sanitizer solution
- Temperatures of all potentially dangerous foods to be kept above 135 or below 41
- Cleanliness of all areas of the banquet kitchen to be improved and maintained
- All food covered, labeled and dated at all times
- Remove soiled wares from station as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Follow supervisor’s instruction as requested.
This position will require a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Our company participates in E-Verify.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send me an e-mail at Michele.Smith@sheratonuptown.com or call 505-349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.