Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Do you have a desire to work in hospitality? If so, considering joining The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown team! Our team members are dedicated, guest-focused, hard-working hospitality professionals who are empowered to provide excellent service to all guests and clients of our hotel, including to our internal team members as well! Do you have what it takes? We are looking for a FT Room Service Associate to join our team! Our Room Service associate is responsible to ensure that all food and beverage orders are taken promptly, courteously, and relayed to the kitchen and/or other appropriate team member as well as delivered promptly with a smile.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown has been awarded the gold level New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award! What does this mean? This means that we offer a host of employee and family friendly benefits to our associates! Some of those benefits include:
- -A first-class salary and superior benefit packet
-Medical (two options) with vision
-401(k) with 3% company match
-Voluntary Term Life Insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, and children)
-Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and personal/medical leave time)
-Free non-slip shoes (two free pair per year!)
-Progressive yet fun workplace
-Positive associate relations
-Associate recognition and events, incentives and rewards
-Major hotel discounts at over 7,000 hotels worldwide
-Other company discounts
1. Must have at least 6 months server experience.
2. Prior guest service or other hospitality experience; food industry experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with room service orders, delivery and running the floors.
- Greet the guest, take all food and beverage orders.
- Maintain a clean area at all times.
- Responsible for receiving all payments.
- Performing necessary opening/closing and sidework duties.
- Prepare food items for guests such as dishing up oatmeal, soup, making toast, dinner salads, bread, etc.
- Assist other servers with their tables.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Attends department and inter-departmental meetings.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure areas are free of safety hazards and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures total guest satisfaction.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as directed or assigned.
All positions require a criminal background check. This position will also require a credit check and drug screen.
Our company participates in E-Verify.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send me an e-mail to Michele.Smith@sheratonuptown.com or call 505-349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.