Socorro Consolidated Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Secondary Special Education Teacher 2019-2020
at Socorro Consolidated Schools
JOB TITLE: Special Education Teacher
SUMMARY OF POSITION/PURPOSE:
1. To provide sound educational programs for children who require a modified program from the regular classroom instruction.
2. To help students reach maximum cognitive, affective, psycho-motor, and goal-setting development and to help each student develop competencies as defined by local, state and national statements of student outcomes, specifically the New Mexico Content Standards and Benchmarks, as included in the individual education plan (I.E.P.) of the student.
May supervise Educational Assistant(s)
EDUCATION REQUIRED/EDUCATION PREFERRED:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Valid New Mexico Public Education Department Special Education Teaching License
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music and other assigned approved programs to pupils in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the New Mexico Public Education Department and other appropriate learning activities as stated in the I.E.P.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law, administrative regulations, and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans, and instructional materials, and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils' I.E.P. growth, keeps appropriate records, prepares progress reports, and report cards.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils with their physical, social, and academic needs.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through education activities provided by the district or self-selected activities.
- Participates in the selection and requisition process of ordering books, instructional materials and supplies and maintain a required inventory record.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned during the work day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the district testing program, and as stated in the I.E.P.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees as assigned.
- Integrates the use of educational technology into instructional program, as appropriate.
- Participate in and teach toilet training and personal hygiene of students as needed.
- Participants in the Individual Education Planning Committee meetings to decide on program placements.
- Participates in the individual Education Planning Committee meeting to help develop I.E.P.
- Keeps files current with all required information.
- Occasionally, lifts loads weighting up to 50 lbs.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil's progress and school program.
- Participates in General Education Screening Committee to assist in the referral process.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Special Education Director|
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:00 AM -
Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:00 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)