Socorro Consolidated Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOCIAL STUDIES High School Teacher
at Socorro Consolidated Schools
JOB TITLE: Secondary Teacher
SUMMARY OF POSITION/PURPOSE:
To help students reach maximum cognitive, affective, psychomotor development; to help each student demonstrate competencies as defined by local, state and national statements of student outcomes, specifically the New Mexico Content Standards and Benchmarks.
High School Principal
Instructional Assistants and assigned volunteers
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: At least three years teaching experience in the content area
Required: Valid New Mexico Public Education Department Secondary Teaching License with endorsement in appropriate content area
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches courses in specific content areas to secondary pupils utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and appropriate instructional aids stressing hands-on learning activities.
- Demonstrates concepts using models, chalkboard, educational technology, and other teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Provides opportunities when needed for individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Designs learning activities that will relate content area to the physical world.
- Establishes and maintains standard of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Evaluates each pupil's progress in content area knowledge and skills.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional aids and supplies; maintains required inventory records.
- Communicates with parents to interpret contemporary methods in teaching specific content area and with parents and school counselors to discuss the individual pupil's progress.
- Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district, and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Integrates the use of educational technology into instructional program.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:00 AM -
Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:00 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)