Socorro Consolidated Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTITUTE CUSTODIAL POSITION
at Socorro Consolidated Schools
JOB TITLE: Substitue Custodian Only Called when needed
SUMMARY OF POSITION/PURPOSE:
To maintain clean, safe, secure, and attractive facilities for the health and safety of children, staff, and school visitors.
Lead Custodian, Principal and/or Director of Maintenance
High School Diploma or GED or qualifying experience as a substitute custodian
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand basic operating instructions for use of equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Previous experience as a custodian and demonstrated aptitude for successful performance.
New Mexico Driver's License preferred
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keeps buildings and grounds neat and clean at all times. Disposes of trash in proper containers.
- Shovels and applies ice remover to sidewalks, steps and parking areas whenever necessary.
- Sweeps, vacuums and/or mops classrooms, offices, hallways and athletic facilities twice a week; cleans chalkboards, trays, dusts furniture, counters, window sills, ventilation ducts and other flat surfaces monthly.
- Shampoos carpets, strips/waxes tile floors and finish gym floor as required.
- On a daily basis, utilizing approved cleaners, scrubs and disinfects washrooms, locker rooms, shower room walls and floors, gutters and drains. Cleans mirrors, sanitary fixtures, toilet stall walls, drinking fountains.
- Replenishes soap, paper towel and toilet paper dispensers daily and keeps dispensers and facility clean.
- Monitors operation of light fixtures and replaces incandescent light bulbs and ceiling tiles as required.
- Keeps walls, doors, lockers and student desks clean by removing dirt marks, gum and graffiti as often as necessary.
- Keeps windows and trophy cases clean by washing glass and dusting trophies as necessary.
- Empties all building trash containers daily, keeps trash containers clean and maintains clean trash container liners.
- Performs ground keeping chores such as watering, grass cutting and shrub/tree trimming and weed cutting as necessary.
- Opens and closes buildings each school day. Ensures before leaving that all windows and interior/exterior doors are securely locked and all lights are turned off and lowers the school flags and returns same to school office each day before leaving work.
- Performs minor maintenance duties such as sanding, varnishing, painting, changing light bulbs and minor repairs.
- On a daily basis, reports damage, unsafe conditions and repair needs immediately to principal or his/her designee and promptly submits work orders for repairs.
- Submits requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies as necessary.
- Stores equipment, materials and supplies in a safe, secure and organized manner in specified storage areas and complies with State and School District regulations for proper care and storage of flammable and hazardous chemicals.
- Moves furnishings and equipment and performs other duties as assigned by the Principal or Maintenance Director.
- Complies with all school district policies and regulations for employees.
- Reports for duty at times designated by principal or his/her designee.
- Unloads commodities.
- Often lifts and carries objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
- In elementary school settings, serve as crossing guards.
- At the secondary level, assists the Athletic Director in preparing the athletic fields and concessions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED/PREFERRED:
- Ability to work split shifts, evenings and weekends
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)