Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Chef 2
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Yes - According to Grade
- Employment Status
Sodexo's Government segment is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for our account at Cannon Air Force Base in the high plaines of Eastern New Mexico, near the Texas Panhandle. Currently, approximately 5,800 military and civilian personnel make up the work force at Cannon. Cannon Air Force base has two dining facilities serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. This position will supervise a culinary team of both Sodexo and Air force staff serving Airmen as well as civilian guests at Cannon AFB. This position will lead the culinary program for the base with a focus on training and developing airmen cooks, ensuring complete adherence to both food and physical safety standards and ensuring delivery of the highes level of food and service to our guests. There will be excellent advancement opportunities for the right individual.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
***Relocation Assistance is available with this position***
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.