Spectrum Retirement Communities
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Spectrum Retirement Communities
Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Director of Maintenance is responsible for the general maintenance of the Community, including all common areas, resident apartments, grounds, equipment and mechanical systems, and driving the community van. Coordinate and communicate with all other team members of the Community in maintaining a holistic perspective of service and care. Lead by example and make certain the programs and services maximize each resident’s quality of life, identity, abilities and preferences.
Las Soleras Senior Living is part of Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Director of Maintenance Job Responsibilities:
• Establish and/or follow a schedule to oversee continuous maintenance of all systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and other general duties as required to safely and properly operate the Community.
• Train new and existing staff in community and state required policies and procedures.
• Perform a wide variety of building maintenance and mechanical work including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, interior and exterior painting, masonry, drywall repair, small appliance repair, minor equipment repair, and troubleshooting; floor cover cleaning (shampooing, buffing, stripping waxing, etc.).
• Establish and/or facilitate a work order system to promptly respond to on-going maintenance and repair issues throughout the community.
• Walk the community at least on a weekly basis and identify areas that need repair or maintenance and follow-up on corrective action.
• Assure light bulbs are replaced throughout the community as necessary.
• Utilize the AFE policy and contact outside professional services when repairs are necessary. Obtain at least 3 bids for professional services to determine the best rate.
• Remain on-call for emergency repairs or maintenance issues.
• Assure all necessary logs are maintained to track information regarding maintenance of the building and grounds. The logs required may include, but are not limited to:
o Hot Water Temperature
o Emergency Generator Charge Checks
o MSDS Sheets
o Fire Extinguisher Charge Checks
o Fire Drills
o Emergency call system tests.
• Maintaining outside grounds of the community. Check for litter daily.
• Inspect and prepare all apartments for rent-ready status as per company policy before new residents move into the Community. Rent-ready apartments must include, but are not limited to –carpet and vinyl replaced or cleaned as needed; cabinets and woodwork finished properly; windows cleaned and replaced if seals are broken; leaky faucets or toilets repaired or replaced if necessary; complete interior painting; appliance repair, if necessary; re-caulking, if necessary; repair or replace light fixtures and electrical cover plates; clean and repair A/C units; install new window treatments, if necessary.
• Respond to the maintenance needs of the residents.
• Order all approved maintenance-related products and supplies for repairs and on-going maintenance.
• Follow budget guidelines and procedures for ordering supplies. Assist in developing the annual maintenance budget. Maintain effective inventory and loss control program for the supplies, parts, tools, and equipment of the Maintenance Department.
• Obtain competitive bids for all service provided by contract including trash, landscaping, exterminator services, and others.
• Document legibly.
• Work with other team members to complete tasks as assigned.
• Responsible for hiring, scheduling, and supervising the maintenance and housekeeping team and department. Also responsible for conducting performance reviews and completing and maintaining all related employee paperwork.
• Supervises the work of outside contractors performing physical plant contract services including but not limited to landscaping, painting, floor covering installation, HVAC, and equipment repairs.
• Ensure all company, state, local OSHA or federal health, safety, building, fire and insurance codes or requirements are met or exceeded at all times.
• Participate in community and resident programs including a Safety Committee, an Infection Control Committee, and a new resident orientation program.
• Safely and efficiently provide transportation for the residents when necessary. Transportation may be required for resident activities, appointments, events, and emergencies.
• Maintain residents’ rights to the best of your ability.
• Participate in all required training, orientation, meetings, and programs offer by employer.
• Innovate, plan, promote, and supervise a building and grounds maintenance program that meets or exceeds the minimum of standards of the property and accommodates the broad spectrum of requests, situations, preferences, and physical limitations of the resident population. Continuously monitor and appropriately address the resident population for shifts in preferences, values, physical condition, and attitudes using personal interviews, approved surveys, resident committees, suggestion boxes, etc.
• Present a professional demeanor that communicates to current and prospective residents the corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in the residents’ unique needs. Conduct yourself and your business at all time so as not to detract from or reflect adversely on the reputation of the Community. Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite and professional manner.
• Perform other duties that may be set by the corporation or specified by the Executive Director. Complete all assigned duties that may change from time-to-time according to resident needs, staffing levels and working circumstances.
Director of Maintenance Work Experience:
• A minimum of 2 years in a supervisory or management position in maintenance or environmental services.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities and have excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with different levels of technical or professional personnel from outside contractors.
• Ability to relate well to residents and their families.
• Working knowledge of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.
• Use caution in performing duties and maintain safe working practices.
• Compassion for the elderly and sick.
Director of Maintenance Educational Requirements:
• Minimum requirement of high school diploma or equivalent.
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
• Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401K; PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement;
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
• Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more!; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.