SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Archaeological Field Technician / Tribal Monitor
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- Cultural Resources/Archaeology
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an opening for Archaeological Field Technicians based in our Albuquerque, NM office.
If you thrive in pursuit of excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients, then this could be an excellent match for your skills. SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
What you will accomplish
Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery. Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Familiarity with archaeological remains or elements of the natural landscape that are of cultural importance to the Mescalero Apache tribe
- Must have knowledge of Apache traditions/cultural practices
- Knowledge of traditional use plants
- Para-archaeologist and/or tribal monitor training
- Ability to read maps
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, software and electronic devices used in the field.
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.