SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Environmental Project Manager
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- Natural Resources/Biology/Ecology
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
Are you passionate about quality environmental work and the superior client service? SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking highly experienced, self-motivated Natural Resource project manager to successfully drive our projects throughout all phases from early planning and permitting through construction. You should have experience in the Southwestern U.S.and would report to the Albuquerque office.
What you will accomplish
This Project Manager will have expertise in all aspect of permitting, NEPA, facility siting and constraints studies, program management for energy and other infrastructure projects. Experience in specialty areas including renewable energy, and utilities, electric and gas transmission and distribution are highly valued. Skills include the ability to manage large and complex projects and milestones within schedule and budget expectations and primarily be responsible for QA/QC oversight of field data to support report-writing and permitting. The ideal applicant will be experienced in managing multiple components and multidisciplinary staff to complete project permitting requirements.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in biology, environmental science, natural resource management, geology or other related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years combined experience in project management, environmental consulting, or ecological, archaeological or geographical studies required
- Candidate should have an extensive working knowledge of federal and state laws (e.g. NEPA, NHPA, CWA, and ESA) governing natural resource management
- Demonstrated successful project experience with California energy regulatory agencies, including the CPUC, CEC, CAISO
- Demonstrated experience with federal agencies such as Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), US Forest Service (USFS), and/or US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
- Experience with staff and project team supervision
- Experience and ability to manage multiple complex projects and programs, in diverse settings and with changing requirements
- Desire to thrive in a highly collaborative team atmosphere
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.