Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Air Force Contract Patient Safety Program Coordinator - Holloman Air Force Base
- 18-Sep-2019 to 17-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Alamogordo, NM, USA
- Full Time
Synensys offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a 401(k) with company match.
Synensys is a veteran-owned small business providing consulting, learning, and analytical services to healthcare organizations to improve patient safety, team performance, and other key organizational performance outcomes. Our team is multi-disciplinary, representing extensive experience in medicine, nursing, management, instructional design, customer service, engineering, and information technology.
We have partnered with over 500 healthcare organizations in 14 countries including government, military health, public and private hospitals, clinics, and office-based practices.
New hires attend the DoD Patient Safety Professional Course in Washington, D.C. All travel expenses for training events are reimbursable. Additional training may be required.
Position Location: Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico
Synensys employs patient safety professionals at Air Force Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) around the world pursuant to a DoD contract in which we have proudly been the incumbent contractor/subcontractor since 2012.
As a Patient Safety Program Coordinator (PSPC) you will work closely with MTF leadership to foster and promote a data-driven culture of safety. You will identify, recommend, and aid in the implementation of process improvements (PI) that facilitate safer care. You will collaborate closely with the Chief of the Medical Staff (SGH), PI staff, Quality Management (QM), and Risk Management (RM) offices. You will be responsible for the coordination of Root Cause Analyses (RCAs), Proactive Risk Assessments (PRAs), and other patient-safety initiatives brought about by the event reporting and proactive risk assessment functions.
Other duties may include but are not limited to:
Event and near miss reporting: Provide consultation on how MTFs should use data to identify system and process issues that could have or did result in harm; assist with classifying reported events and advising on what level of assessment is required.
Education and training activities: Orient and educate MTF staff on key patient safety principles and on elements of a reliable safety culture.
Foster effective teamwork: Assist with facility-wide implementation of healthcare team training using techniques such as Train-the-Trainer, Train-the-Staff On-site, and awareness training including TeamSTEPPS.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred in nursing or healthcare related field
- Four (4) years of experience in healthcare or patient safety-related field, or equivalent
- Experience in a civilian inpatient or outpatient medical facility
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate patient safety concepts to leadership and management
- Documented experience with performing RCAs and PRAs
- Proficient in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to a broad range of functional areas related to Lean Six Sigma and other commercial quality/performance improvement practices
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including previous public speaking/training facilitation
- Experience with patient safety aspects of healthcare accreditation (TJC or AAAHC) is preferable
All candidates that are extended a job interview for this position will be asked to take an online computer skills assessment in Excel and PowerPoint. Synensys conducts background checks and a pre-employment drug test on all candidates who receive a written offer of employment.
Synensys is committed to providing its employees with a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination on the basis of any legally protected status including race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, protected veterans or other status protected by law.