Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
Position: Plant Operator
Location: Hobbs or Carlsbad New Mexico
Are you interested in working for a company that just received a best-in-class industry safety award AND one that was just ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers in 2019? Come check us out! Learn why Forbes and market research company Statista have DCP on their list of "companies liked best by employees.https://www.forbes.com/lists/best-midsize-employers/…
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
Day to Day
Plant Operator II operates plant facilities’ various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: cryogenic plant processing, hydrocarbon fractionation units, process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas-fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and NGL storage and transfer facilities. Plant Operator II controls the plant’s various systems to make and maintain proper product specifications while ensuring optimal operating performance on plant equipment. Monitor and record daily readings and acts as a supervisor when needed.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Assist plant repair personnel with maintenance including changing filters for air, oil, amine, etc., and repair work on methanol and chemical pumps.
- Assist with housekeeping and cleanup routines throughout the plant.
- Gather and trend operational performance data
- Other duties may include safety inspections, write hot work permits, write safe work permits, write bypass permits, lab testing and other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Entering daily throughput reports in SCADA
- Have the ability to identify issues in the plant and enter Maximo job orders.
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and makes appropriate corrections
- Spill Prevention Countermeasures and Control (SPCC) reporting and monitoring environmental compliance
- Perform lock out/tag out procedures and may monitor field compressor status through the use of SCADA
- Have the skills to input spill reports, blow down reports, flare report, AVO's reports and other operational data
- Understand and comply with environmental regulations and ability to document and report readings as dictated by permit.
- Read, use and understand PFD’s, P&ID’s and Plot Plan
- Demonstrate knowledge of trucking loading and unloading procedures/requirements including tanks, valves, pumps, etc.
- Participate in the Plant PSM program and understand and follow all 14 elements of PSM
- Possess the skills to navigate through the EHS Solutions (MOC's and Observations).
- High school degree or GED
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- Communicates effectively to peers and supervisor
- Demonstrates leadership
- Willing to work overtime for other operators
- Support call outs when assigned or needed
- 2-4 years previous operations experience in a gas processing facility
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.