Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TDS Corporation
- TDS Cable Operations
The Warehouse Technician position will provide quality service to our internal customers while supporting customer focused activities and company projects while coordinating the inbound and outbound shipments accurately and free from damage. This position will additionally maintain inventory and ensure accuracy in applicable tracking systems. Handles work orders and works with customers to ensure applicable receipt and stocking of Telecom and CATV installation, maintenance, and construction materials with a high degree of accuracy.
- Receives: Ensures inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Receiving duties include unloading trucks, coordinating materials with packing slips, tagging and filing documents indicating received receipt. Ensures all new CPE equipment is loaded correctly into RR within 48 hours of being received. Unpack CPE, label and repack before adding to inventory.
- Service: Test equipment for proper function and schedule repairs of damaged/broken or defective equipment. Coordinates all Repairs to include: CPE equipment, Head end equipment, Hardline Equipment and warranty items.
- Inventory: Maintains inventory including purchasing, receiving, stocking, and tracks regulated and non-regulated equipment and materials. Performs Inventory & Supplies duties such as repair & returns, orders & processes orders for regulated & deregulated items, tracks regulated & deregulated inventory, maintains appropriate inventory levels utilizing the mailbox and web tools (e.g., Inventory Use & Transfer Application, etc.), Plant Record Systems, SAP and other TDS and BAJA applications as appropriate. Inventory responsibilities include: warehouse, vehicles, in process orders, repairs & delinquent shipments which includes the physical loading and unloading of all shipments. Establishes and maintains a tracking database, tracks delinquent shipments, tracks BAJA projects, and maintains an accurate log of all purchase orders. This includes working directly with Finance and to maintain accurate and appropriate inventory levels. Arrange Disposal or recycling of equipment as needed.
- Support: Receive printed work orders and prepare equipment needed for each work order. Work with the In-house technicians, front counters and contractors on locally picked up CPE recoveries. Issues CPE, Hard Line and Construction Supplies and equipment. Coordinate Shipping.
- 6+ months customer service experience.
- Ability to lift boxed or loose equipment up to 50 pounds several times a week.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record.
- Familiarity with company products and services.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, as well as effective communications skills (verbal and written) for interaction with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to communicate information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management.