The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provides counseling services, assists the inmates/detainees in adjusting to facility life and obtaining needed services or changes in assignment. Develops and implements programs within the facility to meet the individual needs of inmates/detainees, to include individual and group counseling.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews newly admitted inmates/detainees.
- Conducts facility orientation for newly assigned inmates/detainees explaining rules and regulations of the facility, available services and programs, and the disciplinary and classification process.
- Provides individual counseling to inmates/detainees on an informal basis regarding work and housing assignments, adjustment problems, and family problems.
- Resolves day-to-day problems with counseling. Refers inmates/detainees with serious problems to professional counseling staff.
- Provides assistance to the inmates/detainees in obtaining needed services. Serves as a representative for the inmate/detainee at classification committee meetings.
- Monitors inmate/detainee custody, housing, job and program assignments to ensure all cases are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Conducts visits to inmates/detainees assigned to caseload who are housed in special housing.
- Reviews inmate/detainee medical status to determine eligibility to work in volunteer job assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, sociology, or related field is preferred.
- One (1) year in caseload management of offenders in a correctional setting required or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.
- Certified law enforcement officer experience or correctional/detention experience preferred.