The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, and lead Youth Programs - Performing Arts, Troops, Teen Night (September – May) as scheduled
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers with Youth Programs per Salvation Army policy
- Scheduling and transportation of youth for Youth Programs and for special events as needed
- Coordinate with linking participants families of Seasonal Programs to Corps Youth Programs
- Submit monthly Youth Reports as scheduled
- Participation in Seasonal Community Care Ministries, Visitation, and Outreach Events as scheduled
- Summer Youth Programs - Plan, prepare, and coordination of VBS and Day Camp Programs, including the supervision of the Summer Youth Assistant and volunteers per Salvation Army policy
- Holidays – Coordinate, implement, and oversee an assigned holiday program (i.e. Angel Tree Toy Drive)
- Other assigned duties as they relate in assisting with the ministry, administration, and seasonal programs
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be a Christian with a strong personal commitment to Christ, a person of high integrity, professed Christian beliefs and lifestyle and feel comfortable discussing Christianity with children and adults
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be 21 years old and have a valid New Mexico Driver’s License
- Must be willing to work on a flexible schedule
- Be able to communicate both verbally and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Knowledge of Salvation Army programs
- Be able to work with the public in a professional, compassionate manner
- Previous experience working with children required
- Previous experience working in a Salvation Army setting preferred
- Must be able to operate office equipment such as FAX machine, copy machine, printers, laminating machine, etc.
- Must be able and willing to take direction, both verbal and written, and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be well organized, and able to maintain files and materials.
- Must represent The Salvation Army in a positive manner at all times in personal conduct and appearance.
- A demonstrated ability to relate to and work with young persons from diverse backgrounds, and the ability to communicate effectively with parents, volunteers, and other professionals such as school Principals, school teachers, etc.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.