The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Responsible to greet all customers, with a polite attitude. This includes answering phone calls, in a friendly manner.
- Responsible for greeting donors, assisting in unloading donations as necessary, making sure to give a donation receipt.
- Responsible for attending your cash register, while on duty. You are responsible for counting your drawer, with the manager before and after each shift. You must carry your register drawer to the office for counting at the end of the day. Do not eat or drink while attending your register, except for water.
- You are responsible for keeping front register area clean and free of clutter. Empty donation jar every Friday, and enter cash donation into register, as “Donation, Dept. 18.
- Responsible for the correct placement of items on racks and shelves and bins in a neat and orderly manner. Ensure the quality of items. Report under/over pricing to the manager. You are responsible for the appearance of the main floor, including cleaning, and organizing of a department as delegated by your supervisor.
- Supervise volunteers and community service workers that are on the main floor. Set appropriate goals for them. Ex: Pull all the yellow tags, and place them in the sales rack. Or Ex: Clean and arrange these 3 shelves, by the end of your shift.
- Set up attractive window displays, make beds up nicely, set tables up nicely, and turn on lamps and T.V.’s. Be aware of holiday displays and have them set up ahead of the start of the season.
- Have nice Classical or Christian instrumental music playing in the background.
- Report any/every incident to your supervisor.
- Be willing to have your day off changed with notice, as is best for the interest of the Family Store.
- Attend all store employee meetings, including after hour meetings and trainings.
- Responsible for your own time card, by clocking in and out on time.
- Responsible for pricing under the direction of the Store manager or Assistant Store Manager.
Skill / Requirements
- High School graduate, some college preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in Word processing and Excel Spreadsheets
- Possess ability to develop and maintain a working relationship with coworkers
- Develop and maintain a team of volunteers to work in the thrift store
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately in a timely manner.
- Be organized and be detail oriented
- Bilingual helpful
- Must be able to pass a background check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.