The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Assist in loading truck, then drive truck to and from designated pickup/drop off locations
- Accept donations from the general public, loading them onto the truck
- Assist in unloading truck and ensure distributed to the appropriate area(s)
- Maintain respect and cleanliness of customer and donors homes, immediately notifying warehouse manager of issues or donations not picked up.
- Ensure care is taken for the security and safe handling of all donated goods and materials.
- Assist customers with loading and unloading store donations and purchases
- Assist in transporting beneficiaries to and from work therapy site/s and the ARP.
- Maintain driver logs to be turned into warehouse manager on a routine basis
- Inspect the truck with every use and keep warehouse manager aware of any needed vehicle repairs or concerns in a timely manner before the issue becomes serious
- Immediately report to warehouse manager all accidents involving truck, personal injury, or property damage. Any accidents not immediately reported may be grounds for immediate termination.
- No truck is to be off its assigned route without the specific permission of the warehouse manager or corps officers.
- Always use the shortest most direct way taking into consideration traffic
- No driver is ever permitted to stop at their home
- No truck may be parked for any reason without first notifying the warehouse manager
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the trucks including removing trash and maintaining the organization and security of all items in the cargo area.
- When needed, sort incoming donations:
- Sort items efficiently and properly according to the standards of The Salvation Army
- Identify top brands and high value items and direct to the warehouse manager
- Ensure all items sold at the store are retail quality
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the warehouse manager.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid NM Driver’s License with an acceptable “clean” DMV record (5 years)
- Able to safely drive a two ton truck and operate a liftgate
- 21 years of age or older
- Must pass The Salvation Army’s online fleet driving test
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, lift objects such as furniture and clothing in and out of a truck
- Able to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on a continual basis
- Is polite and treats everyone with respect
- Service minded team player
- Employment contingent upon successful background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.