Thornburg Investment Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at Thornburg Investment Management
Human Resources Generalist
This position is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Thornburg Investment Management is a privately owned global investment firm offering a range of solutions for investors around the world. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, NM, we manage U.S. mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, it's more than what we do; it's how we do it. A flexible perspective built on collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas, an unconventional approach to portfolio construction, and a reputation of integrity are important aspects of how we do business. Far from the groupthink of Wall Street, Thornburg is positioned to offer a different point of view and a broader frame of reference in our global search for relative value opportunities.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing various HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities for many general aspects of HR, with a primary focus on full-cycle recruitment/employment, onboarding, and payroll/benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts recruitment effort for all personnel, including:
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position; meeting with managers to discuss needs
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters and internet sites
- Managing requisitions on internal and external career sites
- Screening resumes in applicant tracking system
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Manages relocations and intern programs
- Processing background and reference checks
- Conducts new-employee orientation sessions and manages new employee onboarding programs
- Assists in managing employee relations issues
- Answers employee benefit and payroll questions and assists employees in resolving benefit issues
- Assists in maintenance of all employee records
- Works with HR team to continually research, update, and enhance internal policies and procedures
- Completes special projects as needed
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
Skill / Requirements
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- 3 - 5 years HR experience preferred
- Professional HR certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and strong time management skills
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or Taleo helpful
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610 and nicknamed “The City Different,” Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque landscape, it’s no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in “The Land of Enchantment” attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm’s broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.