T.Y. Lin International Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Bridge Engineer
at T.Y. Lin International Group
- Req No.
- Transportation Engineering
T.Y. Lin International is seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer in our Albuquerque office with bridge design experience to produce design and structural details for conventional and complex bridge projects. The engineer will be responsible for designing and planning development tasks and performing structural analysis and design of a variety of structure types.
- Perform design and analysis of complex concrete and steel bridge structures.
- Prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates in accordance with applicable DOT Structures Design and AASHTO Guidelines.
- Supervise and overview design calculations and details of the other engineers and technicians
- Provide the design staff with guidance and assistance in projects
- Perform Independent Design Check calculations
- Perform design options/alternates for both technical & economic impact.
- Ensure proper codes and standards are being used on projects
- Ability to work on fast paced design-build projects and pursuits.
- Perform load ratings for bridge structures.
- Other assignments as needed.
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a PE, and a minimum of 8 years’ engineering experience, with at least 5 years of bridge design experience. Master’s Degree in Structures is desirable but not a requirement for the positions. Strong technical skills in structural analysis and design of various types of bridge structures is required. Proficiency in seismic analysis is preferred. NMDOT experience a plus.