U.S. Cotton, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Card Line Tender
at U.S. Cotton, LLC
Job TitleCard Line Tender
Dismantles, cleans, and reassembles limited machinery to ensure the maximum uptime.
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Monitor all carding equipment and ensure proper operation.
- Ensure fleece moves properly through calendar and fleece cutter to stamping machines.
- Make necessary adjustments for proper fleece preparation (i.e. adjusts the calendar, adjusts knives on the fleece cutter, pattern changes).
- Install spun lace on machine as needed
- Keep work area clean (sweep floor using industrial broom-not an air hose, return working materials to proper area when not in use, etc.)
- Clean and monitor MTO and flock feeders and assist maintenance mechanics when feeders are choked.
- Inform maintenance or supervisor with equipment issues.
- Work with Coiler Tender to maintain the two (2) flock feeders feeding the pad lines and the one (1) feeding the Truetzschler. This includes breaking up cotton bales, feeding cotton into the line, and housekeeping for the machines.
- Follow recycle procedures and keep all recycled waste caught up. Do not leave in rolling buggy for next shift.
- Empty and remove all trash and boxes from production floor at the end of the shift.
- Bale cotton waste when needed.
- Must work in a safe and controlled manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of service as a machine operator for U.S. Cotton is required. This position requires no maintenance experience but a general knowledge of equipment and maintenance practices. Testing will be required to determine the extent of the employees understanding of the maintenance.
- High school graduate or GED equivalency
- Sweep using industrial broom
- Visual inspection of area
- Work in a safe and controlled manner
- Ability to prioritize and multiple task
- General knowledge of machine operation and maintenance skills.
- Efficient use of hand and power tools
- Basic math skills
- Drive forklift, forklift certification is a plus
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements and safety compliance
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Walk for up to 12 hours at a time
- Climb ladder
- Climate controlled environment.
- Noise level up to 95 decibels. Ear protection must be worn.
- See Job Analysis Document
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
- Reports to: Production Supervisor
- Directly Supervises: N/A
- Indirectly Supervises: N/A
- Internal: Act in a consulting capacity within the assigned department requiring guidance.
- External: N/A