University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Professional (Compensation) - req# 10904
at University of New Mexico
Human Resources Professional (Compensation)
|Working Title||Human Resources Professional (Compensation)|
Interested in joining a challenging and growth-oriented organization? The University of New Mexico (UNM) Division for Human Resources is looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking HR professional to specialize in the University’s compensation and classification programs. UNM offers excellent training and career growth opportunities and provides a comprehensive, competitive benefits package. Individuals interested and qualified to move immediately into the advanced role of Senior Compensation Specialist are also encouraged to apply.
As a member of our team, you will:
· Provide professional guidance, coordination, and support in the effective and consistent application of staff job classification and compensation administration policies and practices.
· Consult Human Resources professionals and departmental managers and supervisors in the application of compensation management principles, guidelines, procedures, and best practices.
· Participate in university-wide compensation programs and initiatives.
· Develop and write job descriptions to accurately describe job content.
· Research and analyze competitive compensation practices in the job market; contribute to established compensation surveys and/or develop and implement custom surveys, as appropriate.
The selected candidate can expect:
· A comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
· Educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs.
· Compensation commensurate with education and experience
· Web-based training towards becoming a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) through World at Work
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications:
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||HR Compensation (730B4)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3434.31 - $5500.00 (DOE)|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/11/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please complete an application and include a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, address how your experience meets the requirements and preferences for this position.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.