University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator/Systems/Network Analyst 2 - req# 10579
at University of New Mexico
Systems/Network Analyst 2
|Working Title||Systems Administrator/Systems/Network Analyst 2|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies (IT) Windows Enterprise Services (WES) group is seeking a few Systems Administrators to help maintain and expand a robust systems framework that will support current and future on-prem and cloud services in a large and complex academic enterprise. The successful applicant will have expertise in Microsoft and VMWare technologies, exceptional communication skills, a thorough understanding of IT systems management best practices and a well developed sense of customer service for the values, practices and procedures found in a higher education environment.
IT provides a creative work environment with flexible work hours and a supportive team environment. UNM offers outstanding benefits including paid annual and sick leave, an excellent retirement plan and educational benefits for employees and their families.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
1. Handle help.UNM incidents and requests.
2. Plan, coordinate and execute enterprise application upgrades and migrations.
3. Monitor core service infrastructure and scale up as demand increases.
4. Build and configure virtual servers and NIC-level firewall rules to support migration of services into a Software Defined Data Center.
5. Work closely with Application teams and other stakeholders to build servers to support Enterprise Apps.
6. Provide file services/restore support.
7. Provide AD and Windows Server support.
8. Manage and maintain the centralized encryption services.
9. Provide O365 support.
10. Provide VDI support.
11. Serve as technical resource for projects and services.
12. Document system information and processes.
13. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems.
14. Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technologies, equipment, and/or systems.
15. Provide on-call support for WES team’s services.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in:
Microsoft Active Directory
Windows/Mac OS Management - SCCM/Jamf
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT EMSS - Systems (388A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3434.31 to $5151.00|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||9/23/2019|
|Application Instructions||Include Resume and Cover Letter|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.