UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Practice Professional-Family Practice
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Truman Health Services
# of Openings:
Position Title: Advanced Practice Professional
Job Code/Grade: S0001 / CE15 Family Practice
FOR BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
UNM Truman Health Services is seeking a dedicated and forward thinking individual who is committed to improving the health outcome to targeted populations including people living with HIV and members of the LGBTQ+ community. The chosen candidate will work, in an integrated, multidisciplinary, ambulatory, primary care setting, providing effective, efficient and high quality medical care and treatment. UNM Truman Health Services is a patient-centered medical home model which caters to an extremely diverse population.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Functions in either a specialized or a primary care setting in the role of practitioner, educator, mentor, consultant in providing independent acute and/or routine medical care to a specified population. Establishes goals and priorities in accordance with patient and staff needs and organizational objectives. Provides consultation and advice to others as a highly-specialized practitioner. May supervise support staff in an out-of-hours or remote clinical setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess, diagnose and develop treatment plans; implement treatment, follow-up and evaluate patient within the scope of practice protocols as outlined by state statute.
- Assists in providing pre-op and post-op care; writes appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and depressant drugs.
- Perform invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Perform patient history and physical exams as needed, document findings noting pertinent normal and abnormal findings.
- Notifies attending physician on call, house physician on call, or supervising physician regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Work as a team member with medical/nursing staff to provide comprehensive care and promote continuity of care. Guide, teach, support and serve as a nursing and/or medical staff resource.
- Provide accurate documentation of patient care, document orders, directives, procedures and patient responses in the medical record and communicate them to other members of the health care team; maintain accurate, legible and confidential records.
- Provides health education to patients, families and/or community health practitioners and groups; may train and supervise medical residents engaged in specific clinical activities.
- Act as role model through conduct, appearance, communication, mutual respect, leadership, ethical decision-making, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- May perform clinical research related to specific operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Advanced Practice Nursing or Physician Assistant Accredited Program Graduate. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
- No minimum experience required in Family Practice
- One year directly related experience required in Specialty areas
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Licensed by the New Mexico Board of Nursing or Physician Assistant Licensed by the New Mexico Board of Medical Examiner and Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Prescriptive Authority from the State of New Mexico
- Federal DEA Certification
- CPR Certification for Healthcare/BLS Providers or for Professional Rescuers must be obtained within 30 calendar days of date of hire
- ACLS or PALS (if applicable) within 30 days of hire
Experience: Three years directly related experience in related specialty area
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners and/or the general public.
- Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- CPR Certified
- Must be credentialed per UNM Medical Group, Inc., policies and procedures and/or UNM HSC policies and procedures as applicable.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.