UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Application Support Specialist
at UNM Medical Group
UNMCCC Application Support
$18.72 minimum to $23.37 midpoint, hourly
# of Openings:
Job Code/Title: E0010/ Application Support Specialist
FLSA: Non- Exempt
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center is seeking an Application Support Specialist. This position is a full time position. Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM. This position requires rotation on-call duties 7 days a week and flexibility in working extended hours and weekends to meet the business needs of the clinic and providers, on-call hours are rotated bi-weekly, Mon-Fri 5 PM-9PM, Sat & Sun 7:00 AM-5:30 PM. The position is responsible for research and fact finding duties to investigate system operations and software functionality in an effort to enhance clinical operations. This position currently supports Mosaiq, Cerner, IDX, HDX, TigerText, and Docuware Applications which requires the Application Support Specialists to be subject matter experts with identifying system errors, issues, and provide resolutions and recommendations for quality improvement. In addition, this position is required to cross train in various departments and roles within the UNMCCC and provide training to new staff, and providers. The application support department supports all UNMCCC operations with current and new software applications, which includes testing functionality, implementation, and training. These functions are in collaboration with the UNMCCC IT and Informatics department.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Under indirect supervision, provides advanced application support, complex problem analysis and resolution, in-depth application assistance, and training for information systems. Performs tasks of a large scope and resolves problems of a comprehensive and complex nature. May serve as project leader and provide coordination and direction for the assigned project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general problem solving and assistance on diverse software applications for department users.
- Receives and records incident related information using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures.
- Conducts analysis, gathers information (i.e. click steps, logs, screen shots), troubleshoots and resolves or recommends resolutions to user problems.
- Uses judgment within defined protocols and procedures.
- Analysis requires a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to software configuration and application functionality.
- Documents projects; writes and maintains user instructions and training materials.
- Performs routine software maintenance and assists in proper upkeep and utilization of systems.
- May work directly with other support teams, as needed to resolve user issues and request enhancements to the system applications.
- Provides individual and/or group instruction and training to providers and staff on computer applications and system functionality.
- Maintains applicable records including user lists, user accounts and security.
- Provides system application leadership for research and development initiatives and in the implementation of new technologies.
- Serves as project leader for system upgrades with large scope and broad impact, directing and integrating the work of other staff.
- Maintains knowledge of current application developments/trends in area of expertise.
- May review, evaluate, and make recommendations on proposals for application upgrades and system enhancements.
- May provide functional direction to other staff performing the same or similar type of work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED with at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Ability to perform system analysis to determine application intervention versus computer hardware and/or software maintenance.
Ability to communicate and provide guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC and/or mainframe applications and systems.
Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
Strong writing skills for instructional documents and training materials.
Records maintenance skills.
Knowledge of current application developments/trends in area of expertise.
Ability to provide operational guidance and leadership to end user providers and staff in area of specialty.
Ability to provide application analysis and to coordinate system upgrades, hardware and/or software solutions.
Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
Ability to provide systems application coordination and management of development and/or implementation projects in area of expertise.
Work is project-oriented and requires excellent follow-up and follow through skills.
Conditions of Employment
Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST and Hepatitis will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 pounds (or greater mass that require mechanical assistance). Standing or walking may occur up to 40% of time.