UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Quality and Compliance Specialist
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Clinical Operations Group
$41,625 mnimum to $52,021 midpoint, annual salary
# of Openings:
Position Class Code/Title: T5003/ Clinical Quality and Compliance Specialist
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FIILED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
UNM Medical Group is seeking a Clinical Quality and Compliance Specialist to join our Clinical Operations Team. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills as well as superior computer skills, knowledge of infection control practices and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time.
Under the direction of the quality manager, the Clinical Quality and Compliance Specialist assists with the development, planning and coordination of various quality improvement initiatives including but not limited to process improvement projects, accreditation requirements, infection control activities and compliance with policies, procedures and protocols. Coordinates meetings, program functions and maintains related documents and records.
Associates degee with three years of experience preferred.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Under limited supervision, the Clinical Quality and Compliance Specialist assists with the development, planning, implementation and coordination of quality management, clinical compliance and accreditation programs. Assists with the development and monitoring of clinical health outcomes and process improvement projects, and ensures compliance of clinical policies, procedures and protocols. Supports the achievements and maintenance of national accreditations, and maintains related documents and records. Coordinates and facilitates meetings, program functions, and events as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the monitoring and continued enhancement of a quality management program in a multi-faceted complex environment so as to facilitate process improvement and departmental efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of a wide range of institutional data that will be used to establish benchmarks and to support decision making, problem solving and planning for continuous quality improvement.
- Tracks progress toward quality and compliance goals and monitors adherence to all required standards and requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors quality and process improvement projects in a manner that systematically and consistently integrates all relevant data.
- Assists in the dissemination of statistical and narrative reports to the leadership team.
- Assists in the maintenance of database(s) necessary for the functions detailed above.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of measures necessary to attain and/or maintain external accreditations.
- Tracks education and trainings for clinical staff.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, with at least 1 year; or h igh school diploma or GED with at least 5 years’ of directly related experience (design, implementation, coordination and evaluation of quality improvement initiatives) at an equivalent level in a health care enterprise. Verification of education and licensure will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of medical operational processes.
- Knowledge of performance improvement techniques.
- Ability to present information and garner team participation in process and performance improvement initiatives.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, word processing, data entry, and advanced Word program software.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is performed in an interior medical/clinical environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.