UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Process Improvement Project Mrg/Facilitator
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Lobo Quality Improvement Process (LQIP)
$68,109.00 minimum to $85,137.00, annual salary
# of Openings:
Job Code/Title: A0067/ Sr. Process Improvement Project Mgr/ Facilitator
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Writing Sample Required:
Please submit a brief written summary that demonstrates you have personally coached, project managed and facilitated improvement intiatives. Include: 1) your specific tasks and 2) the improvement outcomes. You do not need to list the company name where you completed the coaching and projects.
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
We are hiring an experienced Sr. Project Manager/Facilitator to provide coaching of daily management systems and problem solving, facilitation of improvement initiatives and project management support within the UNM Health System which includes: UNM Hospitals, SRMC, UNM Medical Group. The key focus of the work will be at SRMC in Rio Rancho.
This position requires strong coaching, facilitation, project management, analytical and organizational skills. The person must have the fortitude to see a project to the end and enjoy working with staff of all levels.
Please submit a brief summary of improvement coaching and projects that demonstrate you have personally coached, project managed and facilitated improvement intiatives. Include 1) your specific duties in the project and 2) the improvement outcomes. You do not need to list the company name where you completed the project.
The person will work variable hours in order to meet with staff and physicans when they are available: some early mornings before 8:00am and later evening hours after 5:00pm. There is local travel between UNM Health System facilities and surrounding community.
Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time and handle average weight objects up to 25 pounds.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
The role of the Process Improvement Project Manager/Facilitator, Sr. is to manage and facilitate multi-faceted, organizational-wide process improvement projects of strategic significance while ensuring conformance of overall goals and objectives of the enterprise; is a leader who embraces change and has the ability to influence and bring people together; is creative with strong analytical skills in order to observe, analyze and assess clinical operations, administrative programs and services related to the project; helps leadership see where improvements can be made and lead a group to develop the process improvements; has vision and the ability to see the big picture; works with staff of all levels in their own work environment. The project manager/facilitator is expected to work independently, with minimal over-sight.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, facilitates and coordinates multi-faceted operational, clinical and administrative process improvement projects of broad significance to the organization.
- Analyzes, interprets and assess operational and clinical processes and various data in order to make recommendations to leadership and staff to improve the organizations productivity, throughput and operational processes.
- Maintains an understanding of the organizations operations, systems, policies and procedures and national best practices.
- Facilitates process development/improvement work sessions and meetings; provides strategic advice and consultation to project team members, owner(s) and leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of modifications/enhancements to existing and new operations, systems, and procedures.
- Defines the project scope and objectives; as well as the projects short- and long-range goals and deliverables in collaboration with project owner(s) and leadership.
- Develops full scale project plans; defines project milestones and tasks, timelines, and responsible owners.
- Provides direction and support to project team members and project owner(s); effectively communicates project goals and deliverables to team members.
- Develops and prepares timely and accurate project reports, updates and presentations to project owner(s), leadership and stakeholders.
- Manages and completes administrative project support functions to include the development and maintenance of project files; preparation of needed correspondence, reports, presentations; documentation of project meetings and work sessions; typing of meeting minutes; scheduling of work sessions and project meetings.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for personnel within the organization and its components regarding process improvement.
- Utilizes, researches and develops tools for project management and process improvement.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree in related field with 5 years of directly related experience; OR successful completion of at least 60 college-level credit hours and 8 years directly related experience. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Strong planning, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
Knowledge and understanding of theoretical and practical aspects of project management, facilitation and process improvement techniques and tools.
Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment.
Strong skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio.
Strong facilitation, presentation and team management skills.
Ability to develop and present educational and training programs and/or workshops.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
Strong problem solving skill, analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
Ability to work independently, accept accountability and meet deadlines.
Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
Conditions of Employment
Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community using personal vehicle.
Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Moderate physical activity. Requires physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and extended periods of standing or walking.