Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020 Summer Intern - Various Departments
at Virgin Galactic
- Req No.
- Location : Location
- US-NM-Las Cruces
Who we are
Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com is on track to become the world’s first privately funded commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism and small satellite launch services with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
Virgin Galactic and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Our companies are quite possibly the most fun and innovative place to work for someone like you! We are seeking engineering interns to help develop the next generation of commercial space vehicles. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen then apply today! This internship will be located in Las Cruces, NM.
Who You Are
Virgin Galactic is looking for highly energetic, ambitious, passionate students to join our team as interns during the Summer of 2020. You will be creative, innovative and share in our passion for opening space. The knowledge and skillsets required to be successful will be demonstrated through extensive coursework and participation in related projects and extracurriculars.
For approximately 12 weeks you will be immersed in our incredible culture and work on challenging and meaningful projects that directly relate to company goals. The hands-on experience you will gain along with opportunities to engage with our exceptional executives, engineers and other professionals will be incredibly valuable in shaping the foundation for your future.
You have the chance to work for a variety of different departments based on your educational background and/or experience.
- Supply Chain
What you bring
- Currently enrolled in a nationally accredited university, pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, communications, finance, marketing, hospitality, IT, or another business related field.
- A top notch education including formal training, awards, internship experience, high GPA, a top of class student.
- Education so amazing that it distinguishes the candidate among any applicants regardless of work experience.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA strongly preferred.
- Ideal candidates have will have completed at least their sophomore year by summer 2019, with significant coursework completed by summer of 2020.
Other AWESOME Perks
- Company-paid housing for the duration of the internship – yes, I basically said free housing!
- Monthly socials to connect with the people you work with
- Attend one of the world’s largest rocket competitions - Spaceport America Cup 2020
- Opportunities to meet other interns at Virgin Orbit and The Spaceship Company!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.