Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Support Specialist
at Virgin Galactic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Location
- US-NM-Las Cruces
Who we are
Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com is on track to become the world’s first privately funded commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
The Virgin Galactic organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door,” be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
VG is seeking an incredibly talented, energetic, and experienced Business Support Specialist to join our team. You will have a wide variety of responsibilities including many of a complex and/or confidential manner. The ideal candidate will be an experienced administrator capable of supporting a substantial size technical operations organization that is made up of maintenance personnel in a busy ITAR compliant facility. You must be comfortable rolling up their sleeves, working with minimal supervision, and performing many responsibilities simultaneously. You must be a self-starter, project oriented, able to assess needs, implement processes, and quickly produce results with a high attention to detail. Prior experience in a fast-paced start-up environment is beneficial. You must be able to meet critical deadlines, maintain effective communication throughout all planning and time management activities, sustain management of various projects, meetings, office activities, and technical office support work. Collaboration with all teammates in execution of company goals is highly required.
This role will be located Las Cruces, New Mexico. Any candidate who applies must be ready to relocate to Las Cruces if they do not currently live in the Las Cruces, New Mexico area
- Provide support for the Tech Ops organization activities including department tracking metrics, monthly updates and coordinating team training, events and travel.
- Provides budgetary and reconciliation support for department expenditures to include maintaining records, verifying information, and resolving issues.
- Assist in department planning for the allocation of resources relating to budget accounts.
- Organize meetings and conferences of different types, which may include setting the agenda, including facility site visit approvals, gathering or developing documentation, and summarizing results; Support training requests, travel & expense reports, purchase requests and other administrative duties.
- Creates, gathers, and delivers department communication for both internal and external constituents.
- Manage and maintain directors and/or senior leadership schedules to include calendars and travel.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Assist with ordering and managing office supplies as well as company apparel.
- Create purchase requisitions for various departments.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality in discussing organizational matters.
- Assist as the organization’s coordinator of strategy development, goal management, and management of all special projects.
- Manage meeting invitations through Outlook Calendar including management and training calendars.
- Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
What you bring
- preferred Bachelor's Degree, or 4-5 years of relative experience in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote.
- Capable of handling a large workload, effectively coordinate with multiple resources and multi-task in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities with minimal assistance.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to articulate requirements/actions/needs in a professional tone and attitude; exchange information to facilitate positive and efficient work processes and results (including written correspondence).
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support of VG goals, mission and standards.
- Proven ability to oversee processes to achieve objectives
- Ability to build strong business relationships with other functional areas to best support mutual objectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze work flow/processes in order to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and interact with staff at varying levels of experience.
- Physical and/or Additional Requirements:
? Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed.
? Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
? Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted).
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen., lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status