Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Project Coordinator and Configuration Manager
at Virgin Galactic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Location
- US-NM-Las Cruces
Who we are
Virgin Galactic (VG) is on track to become the world’s first private spaceline. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop orbital flights for space tourism and other commercial applications. VG is seeking an industry leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, fueled by innovation and collaboration with emphasis on forward thinking.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Project Coordinator and Configuration Manager (PCCM) will work on a daily basis with highly skilled and active engineering operations team to organize, track and status engineering project tasks; maintain Engineering website and manage configuration of technical and administrative documentation and Product Lifecycle Management database. The PCCM will assist in creating engineering process flow charts and documentation and ensure that proper integrated change management processes and protocols are maintained in support Operations Change Board items. Qualified candidates should have a strong process and technical background and can communicate easily with technical engineering team members and executives.
This role will be located in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- Maintain, monitor and status engineering project plans, schedules, expenditures and budget.
- Coordinate changes to Engineering project plans and assist in assessing project change impacts.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions were applicable.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute meeting minutes and actions to project team members.
- Organize, attend and manage closure actions for Operations Change Board meetings.
- Help build and maintain iDashboard Metrics for Engineering.
- Maintain and update Engineering website and Sharepoint site with up-to-date and accurate information.
- Integrated and coordinate the engineering project changes with Master Program Schedule.
- Provides the overall Configuration Management (CM) infrastructure and environment to the VG team.
- Helps develop, maintain, and enforce policies and procedures for change management.
- Review change data and changes documenting activities to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies.
- Ensure that the CM environment facilitates product review, and change and defect tracking activities.
- Develop and maintain the CM Plan.
- Police Product Lifecycle Management system to ensure CM processes and procedures are being followed for maintaining and tracking change.
- Provide Metrics on Change packages.
- Support management of future vehicle delivery requirements that are specific to engineering.
- Provide support for Engineering team in configuring and baselining project items.
- Determine configuration requirements and develop system configuration procedures.
- Develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency.
- Train team members and others on configuration policies and practices.
- Assist in developing tools to support daily configuration management activities.
- Analyze and resolve configuration problems in a timely fashion.
- Assist in configuration audits and implement audit recommendations.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field of study, with 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a team.
- Competency with working with Microsoft applications: Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, Word and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools
- Preferred experience in project management
- Knowledgeable of Configuration Management, Integrated Change Management, and Record management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Virgin Galactic has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter, and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.