Zuni Public School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Language Arts Teacher -ZMS - 2019/2020
at Zuni Public School District
Position: Language Arts Teacher – Middle School
Reports to: Principal
Site: Middle School
Contract Length: 9 Month/188 days
Purpose: To instruct students in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth in the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education
- Must have a 24 hours in content area – Language Arts for license endorsement;
- Must have a Valid NMSDE Teacher’s License with proper endorsement;
- Ability to complete requirements of Every Student Succeeds Act, ESSA, regulations;
- Experience with computers with the ability to enter data in computers, utilize SMART Board and Microsoft Office programs(s);
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on department and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned;
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with students, peers and parents;
- Ability to communicate with students both orally and in writing in English Language;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public;
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program;
- Ability to be confidential;
- Able to perform the following essential duties, physical and mental functions and utilize the essential equipment of the position with or without reasonable accommodation;
- Teach district approved curriculum;
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students;
- Prepares for classes assigned, to include instructional materials such as SMART Board presentations, media, duplicating, preparing hand-outs, etc.;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities;
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved;
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and – in harmony with the goals - establishes clear objectives for all lessons, unit, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students;
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner;
- Assesses the accomplishment of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required;
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports;
- Encourages students to set and maintain standard of classroom behavior;
- Diagnoses the learning deficits of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialist as required;
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations;
- Communicates regularly with parents by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.;
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes;
- Provides before and after school duty as assigned;
- Reviews and analysis data to evaluate the students progress and areas of needed improvement;
- Serves on District Committees, School Activities and Functions as assigned;
- Meets the NMSDE Competencies for Teachers;
- Ensure the required testing is done on a timely basis;
- Perform assigned duties in a timely basis.
Frequently required to stand, talk, hear and sometime walk and sit;
Occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds; may lift up to 75 pounds with the help of another employee;
Hand and eye coordination in operating computer, SMART Board, grading papers, and writing assignments etc.;
Usually works on even surfaces, may walk on uneven surfaces outdoors;
Exposed to various degrees of noises (talking, attending games, assemblies etc.). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud;
May work in close proximity of other individuals;
General vision, corrected to 20/20, reads a multitude of records, correspondence and data. Ability to adjust focus from various school tools to include: (SMART boards, computer, written assignments, typed material, lab equipment, art tools and equipment, etc.).
Must be able to:
- apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program;
- plan and implement lessons based on department and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned;
- read, analyze and interpret curriculum, test, evaluations and bilingual material;
- interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form;
- deal with students and parents in such a way to maintain their goodwill;
- respond appropriately to student behavior and discipline;
- respond appropriately to supervision and accept recommendations;
- communicate both orally and in writing, in English;
- effectively present information and respond to questions from students; parents, peers and supervisor.
Equipment available for the job will include: SMART Board, projectors, copiers, phone, fax, computer, calculator, printer, scanner, etc.
Large files, paper, writing utensils, staples, art supplies, lab equipment and related classroom materials.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Human Resources|
Monday, July 1, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)