Zuni Public School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Zuni Public School District
Diagnose malfunctions, maintain and repair District vehicles to established standards of safe and reliable operation and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent education, training and experience applicable to diesel bus or truck maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a license (with a “P” and “S” endorsements) and adhere to requirements as outlined in #6.41.4 NMAC.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with passenger and school bus endorsements.
- Certified by the National Association for Automotive Service Excellence or other applicable certification(s).
- ASE certification, Five years prior mechanic experience in vehicle maintenance, preferably school bus operations, heavy equipment, diesel and/or gas engine machine mechanic.
- Experience in inventory controls and record keeping for vehicle maintenance and repairs so that accurate costs for vehicles can be kept.
- Experience with the utilization of computers to facilitate record keeping of service department.
- Able to maintain on-going safety within the service area.
- Will meet all school bus driver qualifications required by the State of New Mexico including training requirements.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to read mechanic manuals and vehicle parts instructions. Ability to use good judgment and to demonstrate good decision making skills. Diagnostic, electrical, hydraulic, air brake skills are a must. Must have the ability to perform minor cutting and welding repairs. Must be a self-starter, have the ability to multi-task and move from one job to the next with minimum delay time. Must be willing to attend in-service, training and department meetings.
Essential Job Functions: All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential functions include the following:
- Perform thorough, accurate Preventative Maintenance inspections.
- Follow District required schedules and complete all required PM maintenance operations including lubrications, fluid changes, brake adjustment, cooling, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions, temperature, gas regulating components, and tire rotation.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance as needed and as directed by supervisor.
- Perform complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel, brake and exhaust repairs and field tests.
- Test drives vehicles to ensure repair(s) resolved the problem.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance. • Perform emergency roadside services as needed.
- Document repairs and parts on work orders completely and accurately.
- Maintain tools and workplace so that shop conditions are neat and orderly.
- Assist Bus Drivers/Assistants on routes and serve as backup to ensure the safe delivery of students to appropriate school sites.
- Must attend trainings provided to upgrade and maintain skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Human Resources|
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)