Zuni Public School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Zuni Public School District
Position: Teacher – Substitute
Reports to: Principal
Contract Length: As Needed
Purpose: Responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment and providing student training and promoting student training in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED);
- Must have a minimum of a valid NM PED, Substitute Teacher License;
- 18 years of age if performing instructional services in grades K-8;
- 21 years of age if performing instructional services in grades 9-12;
- Ability to attend three hours of on-the-job training/observations;
- Experience with computers with the ability to enter data in computers, utilize SMART Board and Microsoft Office programs(s), helpful;
- Ability to implement lessons based on the classroom teachers lesson plans;
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with students, peers and parents;
- Ability to communicate with students both orally and in writing in English Language;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general educational material;
- Ability to write reports;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of students;
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, solve problems and effectively teach them to students;
- Ability to be confidential;
- Able to perform the following essential duties, physical and mental functions and utilize the essential equipment of the position with or without reasonable accommodation;
- Teach district approved curriculum and classroom teacher lesson plans;
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students;
- Provide appropriate instruction;
- Mark students’ attendance and ensure that they come to the school on time;
- Ensure students are involved in the classroom sessions by interacting with them about the subject being taught;
- Encourage students to take part in various activities;
- Ensures assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times;
- Prepare for assigned class to include instructional materials such as SMART Board presentations, media, duplicating, preparing hand-outs, etc.;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities;
- Encourages students to set and maintain standard of classroom behavior;
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes;
- Perform assigned duties in a timely basis.
Frequently required to stand, talk, hear and sometime walk and sit;
Occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds; may lift up to 75 pounds with the help of another employee;
Hand and eye coordination in operating computer, SMART Board, grading papers, and writing assignments etc.;
Usually works on even surfaces, may walk on uneven surfaces outdoors;
Exposed to various degrees of noises (talking, attending games, assemblies etc.). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud;
Work in close proximity of other individuals;
General vision, corrected to 20/20, reads a multitude of records, correspondence and data. Ability to adjust focus from various school tools to include: (SMART boards, computer, written assignments, typed material, lab equipment, art tools and equipment, etc.).
Must be able to:
- apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program;
- plan and implement lessons based on department and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned;
- read, analyze and interpret curriculum, test, evaluations and bilingual material;
- interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form;
- deal with students and parents in such a way to maintain their goodwill;
- respond appropriately to student behavior and discipline;
- respond appropriately to supervision and accept recommendations;
- communicate both orally and in writing, in English;
- effectively present information and respond to questions from students; parents, peers and supervisor.
Equipment available for the job will include: SMART Board, projectors, copiers, phone, fax, computer, calculator, printer, scanner, etc.
Large files, paper, writing utensils, staples, art supplies, lab equipment and related classroom materials.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resources Administrative Assistant|
Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)